The fiber Artist Madhouse
WE ARE OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK FOR YOUR FIBER Madness!
Welcome to Madison Wool (located in Madison, CT- sorry Wisconsin!) We are a fiber lover’s paradise, with fine yarns for hand knitting plus one of a kind, handspun art yarns that you cannot find anywhere else. We sell spinning wheels and weaving looms, have lessons in knitting, crochet, spinning, felting, dyeing, and weaving, and have a small but mighty creative space for classes. We have loose fibers and roving for sale, and a drum carder to blend it for use as well. We strive to be a fiber arts education center, as well as hosting workshops in other relaxing pursuits (zentangle, yoga).
We are MAD about fiber, and it shows! From the bits of sparkle and fluff on our clothes, to the many projects being worked on, we have a passion for all fiber arts. Spinning is our first love, with knitting a close second. We want you to be MAD too. As they say “A fiber addiction is cheaper than therapy” and it’s true - plus you get something useful out of it in the end! We are here and ready to talk fiber!
Follow us on Facebook (feed under the 'News' tab), Instagram (@thecraftyscientist) or join the MadWool Ravelry Group: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/madison-wool
*Late openings/Store Closings will be posted on Facebook and in advance on the Calendar*
We host well-known fiber artisans and teachers every year, and we have classes, trunk shows, and events all the time! Check our Events Calendar for 2017 Workshops and Classes.
- Lexi Boeger in 2012/2013/2014 (pluckyfluff.com)
- Michelle Snowdon in 2013/2014 (wooldancer.com)
- Jackie Ottino Graf in 2013 (swansislandcompany.com)
- Kathy Hattori in 2014/2016 (botanicalcolors.com)
- Alissa Allen in 2014 (mycopigments.com)
- Heather Lightbody in 2014/2016/2017 (www.girlwithahook.com)
- Shannon Okey in 2012/2013 (www.cooperativepress.com)
- Debra Lambert in 2013/2015 (www.picassosmoon.wordpress.com)
- Joan Ruane in 2016/2017 (www.cottonspinning.com)